- Carnivorous CarnivoresMites are one of the most common pests for Venus flytraps and Nepenthes. Avid abamectin 0.15 EC is a must-have miticide for combating mites. Dilution is 0.04 FL OZ per 1 GAL of water, or 1.2mL per 1 GAL of water. This listing is for a 2 FL OZ aliquot of Avid, enough for 50 gallons of spray. Package will also include instructions and pipettes for transfer. For the home grower, miticides at big box stores are few and largely ineffective. Commercial pest control stores sell large quantities of miticides, far more than you’ll ever need. I am offering a smaller quantity for a cheaper price, taken from a gallon drum to recuperate costs.
- Carnivorous Plant ResourceLike other pressurized sprayers, but mo' bigger! Chose from 0.5, 1, 2, or 3 gallon sprayers based on your needs. Anything larger, you'll want as a backpack with comfortable straps because it will be heavy to cary around. From the manufacturer:
All purpose sprayer ideal for herbicides, pesticides, liquid fertilizers and many home applications! Funnel top opening makes for easy filling. Trigger with a lock-on option can be engaged for a continuous spraying. Translucent polyethylene for durability and easy viewing of liquid levels. Carry with the grip handle or use the included shoulder strap. Includes a pressure relieve valve and a 3 foot hose.
- Carnivorous Plant ResourceFoliar feeding, misting for humidity, or spraying a pesticide? This little beauty takes a few pressurizing pumps to power a lasting mist of whatever you're serving up! From the manufacturer:
This is a heavy duty, refillable pump sprayer. It features an adjustable brass spray nozzle. Capacity is 64 oz/1.9 L. Use to apply most pest/disease control products, foliar sprays, or cleaning agents.
- Carnivorous Plant ResourceLike Bonide, this is another systemic pesticide option that will stick with your plant for an extended period of time and kill multiple generations of pests, should their be eggs that hatch at a later date. From the manufacturer:
Promis, Aphid, Thrip and White Fly Killer dissolved in water and applied to soil is absorbed by the roots. Once absorbed, it moves through the entire plant to protect against insects. This product also moves into and protects new growth after application. To control insects, the insecticide must distribute completely throughout the plant. Rain or water cannot wash off Promis inside the plant. See plant specific restrictions for pre-harvest interval. If no pre-harvest interval is listed, then product may be applied up to and including day of harvest.
- Carnivorous Plant ResourceBonide is a systemic pest control that will be absorbed by and stay with your plants for an extended period of time (sometimes, a month or more). During this period, it will continue to fight off pests like thrips or scale on Sarracenia and Nepenthes. This is great for killing multiple generations of pests that may be impervious to other insecticides while they're in an egg or larval state. From the manufacturer:
Economical, long lasting insect control for ornamental gardens, shrubs and trees. Use as little as 1 tablespoon/gal.