Carnivorous Plant Marketplace
Welcome to the carnivorous plant marketplace, where you purchase carnivorous plants directly from the wonderful nurseries that grow them! Each plant is listed, and will be fulfilled by the nursery that grew it. What’s even better than that? 1% of every sale goes directly to the non-profit International Carnivorous Plant Society for carnivorous plant conservation. Shopping with us is a great way to find the perfect plant, support the carnivorous plant community, and ensure the survival of these wonderful plants in the wild.
- Mesa ExoticsKing Henry is one of the largest varieties of Venus flytraps around and a must-have for your carnivorous plant garden. Given a deep pot and healthy growing conditions, the flytrap will reward you with 2 inch traps at the end of long leaves/petioles. The plants for sale are mature, and there’s a limited stock, so pick one up today! Dionaea ‘King Henry’ is a vigorous grower, regularly holding 6+ traps at one time, and producing offshoots that you can let cluster into a glorious Venus flytrap bush, or divide into individual specimen plants. Shipping note: Mesa Exotics charges $10.00 flat rate shipping to the continental US regardless of how many flytraps you purchase. Plants ship every Monday and Tuesday and they normally take about 2 days to reach you. Venus flytraps are dormant during winter and ship bare root. Shipping during dormancy is ideal as it minimizes stress on the plant, and allows them to roar back to life come spring! Don Elkins of Mesa Exotics selectively hybridized this variety of Venus flytrap into existence in 2011 and is happy to offer it to you through Carnivorous Plant Resource!
- Carnivore CulturePinguicula esseriana is a tropical species that produces a tight cluster of small leaves and never gets very large. P. esseriana produces non-carnivorous "succulent like" leaves during the winter. In nature, P. eeseriana grows in semi-arid steppes and has a broad range, extending through several states of Mexico.
- Carnivore CulturePinguicula 'Pirouette' is a hybrid between two tropical species that was specifically selected for its' attractive foliage, which develops a pinkish to red color, and an abundance of flowers in almost any season. P. 'Pirouette' grows continuously throughout the year if provided warm, wet conditions. It does not go dormant like many other tropical Butterworts do.
- Carnivore CulturePinguicula emarginata x cyclosecta is a hybrid between two tropical species. P. cyclosecta is known for its' purpleish leaves and P. emarginata is know for its' variegated (striped) flowers. The result is a very attractive plant with great foliage and flowers.
- Carnivore CulturePinguicula gypsicola is a tropical species that has unusual carnivorous leaves for a Butterwort in that they are linear. P. gypsicola produces carnivorous summer leaves and non-carnivorous winter leaves. During winter it requires much less water and care should be taken not to over water them. During winter it should be treated like a succulent with infrequent watering.
- Carnivore CulturePinguicula moranensis is a highly variable species of Butterwort. It can be found across a wide area in many different habitats. For these reasons it can have variable flowers, including forms with all white flowers. P. moranensis var alba is a form of P. moranensis that produces all white flowers.
- Carnivore CulturePinguicula koehres (gypsicola x moranensis?) x gypsicola has long, rather wide summer leaves with dark leaf margins. The flowers are an attractive dark purple with a large white patch in the center of the bottom lip. It has a dormant period where it produces small non carnivorous leaves
- JerseyDevilCarnivorousPlantsDrosera x tokaiensis is a very pretty and easy to care for rosetted sundew of hybrid origin (spatulata x rotundifolia). These can be grown as if they are tropical sundews on the windowsill or under lights. You will receive 1 adult plant (bareroot)
- Sale!Brambles BotanicalsDrosera adelae "Giant" is a must-have for your carnivorous plant collection. Given a deep pot and healthy growing conditions, this Australian sundew will reward you with dewy, maroon-colored leaves reaching up to a foot long or more! WHEN GREATLY DISTURBED, THESE PLANTS MAY DIE BACK BUT THEY WILL RETURN FROM THE ROOTS! We are selling recently divided sections so you will be receiving a healthy section of roots that will start to produce new plants soon after being potted. Please see below for shipping information.
- JerseyDevilCarnivorousPlantsThe Roundleaf Sundew, Drosera rotundifolia "NJ Pine Barrens" is a relatively small but very easy to care for sundew with genetics hailing from the Pine Barrens of NJ (produced by seed or clone). This species grows in a rosetted form with long petioles and a round shaped sticky trap at the end. These traps will curl over their prey items like grasping something in your palm. In my experience, whereas most sundews are perfectly happy being blasted with sunlight, these roundleaf sundews prefer part shade or less intense sun, perfect for a windowsill. Drosera rotundifolia was one of Charles Darwin's favorite species, discussed in his second most famous work "Insectivorous Plants"!!! This is a temperate variety and requires a winter dormancy. You will receive 1 adult plant, bareroot.
- JerseyDevilCarnivorousPlantsA tropical forked leaf sundew that grows wildly bushy, tall, and has huge leaves that branch wildly in many directions. The forked leaf sundew is very easy to grow, right up there with the cape sundew! You will receive 1 small plant (bareroot).
- JerseyDevilCarnivorousPlantsBrand new cultivar! Looks like an extra "thicc" drosera capensis. Very easy to grow and impressive! Grow just like your capensis (cape sundews). You will receive one small/medium sized plant (bareroot)
- JerseyDevilCarnivorousPlantsDrosera filiformis "Florida red" is an easy to grow, vigorous threadleaf sundew that turns solid red in full sun. This variety is one of my favorites. Despite originating from a subtropical region, this variety does produce a winter hibernacula. You will receive 1 adult sized plant, bareroot.
- JerseyDevilCarnivorousPlantsSarracenia psittacina, the Parrot Pitcher plant. A really unique species of Sarracenia which uses lobster pot style traps with light windows to capture prey! This specimen is quite typical of the species, and is easy to grow, capable of rich colors, and divides regularly! This clone likes to produce dense clumps of shapely pitchers and multiple growth points. Size options (bareroot): Small- Juvenile, may or may not have adult pitchers Medium-Adult pitchers, may or may not be of flowering size Large- Adult pitchers, of flowering size and may have 1 or more growth points.
- JerseyDevilCarnivorousPlantsPlant sales to Texas from Jersey Devil Carnivorous Plants require an additional inspection to be shipped. Each Phytosanitary inspection is $20. (This is NOT $20 PER PLANT but PER SALE.) Simply add an inspection to your order before checking out if your are located in TX. Please note, an inspection may cause shipping delays. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Note, this does NOT apply to seed-only sales!