Average Vendor Rating
Welcome to the home of Feff's Fantastical Botanicals!
- Feff's Fantastical BotanicalsThe big, the bad, and the beautiful. Sarracenia Saurus is the notorious moorei hybrid originally bred and registered by Phil Faulisi. Why is it notorious, you ask? Likely because it is widely considered the pinnacle of a horticulturally-bred moorei crosses due to its vigor, color, and ginormous proportions. It's a cross between Sarracenia leucophylla purple lips and flava ornata, and boy is it a doozy! It grows great in my personal collection, and it's about time I share a large piece of it. Featured in the photos are the exact plant you'll receive. It has at least 3 growth points and is ready to expand into a new 1 gallon+ sized pot. Also featured is an example of my mother plant to demonstrate the size this dinosaur-proportioned beast can attain.
- Feff's Fantastical BotanicalsSarracenia stingray is another beautiful cultivar from the gardens of Phil Faulisi. This complex (rubra x oreo) x (purp x leuco) x Judith Hindle cross sports beautiful white tops, and is as vigorous and pitcher-prolific as the Judith Hindle in it. I have a large division available with at least 4 crowns (featured in the photos along with my mother plant to demonstrate how beautifully it can fill out). It will outgrow this pot this season, and should be transferred into a 1 gallon+ pot to create a gorgeous snowy-white bouquet in the spring.
- Sale!Feff's Fantastical BotanicalsProlong your growing season with this classic Sarracenia leucophylla! It's a fun clone that plays dead until Fall, and looks its best when the rest of your collection starts to look its worst. I recently divided up an old growth of this plant and have just two (very healthy, multi-crown-growths) to spare. Get 'em while they last!
- Sale!Feff's Fantastical BotanicalsOne of the oldest Sarracenia in my collection, this beautiful and vigorous hybrid was acquired through Don Elkins of Mesa Exotics. It's a cross between 'Savannah Fire' and flava 'Cinnamon Tube' (itself, a cross of flava rubricorpora x cuprea). The plant grows pitchers about 2 feet tall, with large mouths rimmed in a redish, cinnamon color. My photos are from early last season and pitchers are fresh, so the plant hasn't reached its full color potential in these images. The hood turns a beautiful rust-red color in bright light and venation is thin but prominent throughout pitcher and hood. I just divided an old-growth section of this plant, and have a few to spare for anyone hoping to grow this beauty. I would love to see this hybridized with Sarracenia oreophila to crank the hood up to 11. ...maybe I'll attempt that this spring! I keep shipping simple by charging a $10 flat rate to the continental US regardless of how many plants you purchase from me.
- Sale!Feff's Fantastical BotanicalsSarracenia 'Black Widow' is a killer cultivar pitcher plant from the gardens of Phil Faulisi. It's a primary hybrid between alata black throat x flava red (a rubicorpora) pitcher plants with 2.5 ft+ tall pitchers that start off a heavily veined red color, and turn a deep purple with age and bright light. The plant is very hearty, and I grow it outdoors in Southern California where it has withstood 115+ degree weather and little-to-no humidity. In a greenhouse, this thing would be a monster! Plants for sale are mature and ship bare root. If purchased outside of dormancy, I may have to trim pitchers in order to fit them in shipping boxes. I keep shipping simple by charging a $10 flat rate to the continental US regardless of how many plants you purchase from me. Happy growing!